Wednesday, January 16, 2008

ITS COLD!

I know, I know. What I term as cold would be a balmy day for the rest of you. But it has been getting into the very low 60°'s and upper 50°'s here. Remember, that we do not have heaters in our houses. Nor is there any insulation in the walls or ceiling.

I don't own a jacket, sweater or even a long-sleeved shirt. And after almost 14 years on Mau'i (anniversary on the 24th), my blood has really thinned out. The first night I arrived in upcountry Pukalani the temp at 1,000' was 45° and everybody was in any warm clothes they could find and I was in a tank top and shorts, sweating like a stuffed pig. I had just come from California/Nevada (the northern end of both) The day I left Nevada the high temp was -15° and the day I left California, one week later, the temp in the Central Valley was a blazing 35°. It had actually snowed there just before Christmas but didn't last long.

Now, almost 1½ decades later, I guess I am a wimp.

Have a great day, everybody.!

2 comments:

Sal said...

i need to move to hawaii!! I HATE the COLD.... HATE IT...

its 55 now, but its sunny.

crash at your place Wil??

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have a problem but you would be the Felix to my Oscar. And the landlord would double the rent.

I am also a heavy smoker (still), which would really drive you crazy. LOL!