Friday, January 25, 2008

In view of drug bust at my town's music store

Drugs-

Just seen in the Progress how Maple Shade Music Store was busted and closed.
Its a shame for Sid, my old guitar teacher. (He has nothing to do with that anyhow).
He should be a school music teacher pulling a nice salary but is just a small time teacher or something. He is really good on piano and was at guitar.


Anyhow, what gets me is they said Jack who had the cocaine could get ten years in jail.
I do not believe in the country's laws and changed perspective through the media. O.K. I don't think people should do drugs and it is against the law, but say make the sentence one year. OR less!

I think these substances are no different then someone buying beer and drinking it. OK heavier stuff yes, but its the same concept, goal, etc... No different. Pot was probably put on earth for just what people discovered that it does. No, I don't smoke it. Drug free since 1983. I would say 20 percent of the Vo Tech school was always high.
And at least 40% did smoke it but not in school all the time.

I don't think people should use drugs, but say if I were the only person on Earth. I'd have a few plants in case maybe I was depressed. The media has made marijuana smoking more wrong and things like homosexuality acceptable when before that was very shunned. I think some men who are femine and women that are masculine have a few wires crossed and perhaps the drives are not all their fault, but they should stay in celibant state and not twist all society towards the error.

Anyhow, I just can't see someone who in their beliefs says the drugs are ok would get a long jail sentence. MANY will jump all over me and say They should. Did you ever smoke a bowl of hash? Did you ever smoke a joint of some really good stuff?
OK, not good to be hooked on and not good for people driving, working machinery, or family relations etc... It is like drinking too much alchohol takes over your life!!!! But 10 years or whatever for probably a small amount of drugs is to me a greater crime then doing it! And then seizing his property etc... Anyhow people will disagree with me.

-Dennis

No comments: