Monday, December 10, 2007

Uncle Buddy

December 7th 1941......

Makes me think of my Uncle Buddy.
I used to call him each yr. on this day for a few years and talk.

He was in the Navy during World War 2.

He played drums. When there was a concert the kids all booed the band that was playing first cause they wanted to hear Uncle Buddy's band. They didn't want to hear the old time music, they wanted to hear the new young kid stuff- Tommy Dorcey!

Uncle Buddy would say , wait I have a speech to make, before dinner and then just ramble on about anything and everybody would laugh and then eat dinner. After Buddy came home from the war he had a nervous side to him then.

His dog slept at the foot of his bed like it was waiting for him to come home. The dog died before he got home.

Uncle Buddy said he was glad they dropped the atomic bombs because the Japanese were just really getting going with the camacozy (sp?)

When the war was over they made the sailors paint the ship and give it to japan and they were MAD!

Anyhow I stayed a weekend with Uncle Buddy about 10 yrs ago (he died now about 5 yrs back) I said the next afternoon being very polite, well I guess I better get going now, and to my surprise he said What do you want to get going already Denny, stay another day, so I did. We had a great time and had big breakfasts and dinners and talked etc...

Anyhow Pearl Harbor Day makes me think of him.

No comments: