Monday, December 10, 2007

Line Stories

Lines-

I go to Wendy's near Home Depot for lunch today.
Older lady is kinda out there with back and forth with a kid (kids can take things into dementia dimension) with no they dont have happy meals and kid is kinda swinging around, anyhow...
There is a zig zag line that has a rope on poles and she and the kid have only slightly entered the first zig in the way to the counter.

I pass them without even thinking and order my burger and fries and when Iam waiting at counter after paying for the burger, the lady is at register and says to worker-
I would have been here sooner, but that man butted in front of me in line. Other lady with her, I guess a daughter says "Men are always in a hurry."

I think now if the lady were say in second segment of zig zag roped ailse or looking like her agenda was moving towards the counter I guess I wouldn't have passed her. She was sort of near the entrance to the walkway looking like she wasn't moving fast to going thru it.
Anyhow I didn't say anything. It was sort of like her comment was "real mature."

Line story Two-

I was at Shop Rite about a month ago. Big shopping day where you been through all the end of the aisles traffic jamns of the "you can go first" etc... and been there like hours getting the week's groceries and are spent tired and ready to get home.

Well Iam in the check out line and a lady with a full cart comes and says "Excuse me, excuse me sir" So I back up a little bit and she moves to in front of me in line and says thats my son in line , Iam with him. Then she laughs and says "I bet you weren't expecting that." (Which I mimicked in my head several times Yep I bet I wasn't), and thought to myself that its like the rule- if you are still shopping you shouldn't be in line. Anyhow I said nothing and got out of line and went shopping again for 5 minutes or so for some reason.

1 comment:

den said...

This was a week or two old email actually. Just catchin up here.